A Bright Future Campaign
As we face the new realities during COVID and post-COVID, we believe that we have a bright future ahead of us–living real life together. We will continue to cultivate authentic relationships through biblical community, experiencing the highs and lows of life together, both in-person and online. We want to prepare the spaces at our Foster City Campus to relaunch in-person gatherings. As we do so, we will continue to use our guiding principles of adapt, protect, and provide as we live out our vision of
transformed people transforming the Peninsula.
As we dream and pray about our bright future, we believe CPC will continue to be a safe place, an equipping place, a place where people live real life together. We want to invite you to join us and give financially to what we are calling “A Bright Future Campaign.” Our goal in this campaign is to raise $650,000 from now until early 2021.
A Funny Take on Our Building Improvements
Learn About Local and Global Outreach Partnerships
- Looking to the future and adapting to new ways of doing ministry by investing in a public address (PA) system to improve the sound quality in the auditorium for in-person and online gatherings.
- Installing a new HVAC system with enhanced technologies to sanitize and make our air more healthy and re-roofing the area where HVAC units are located.
- Repairing walkways and clearing out old dead trees, which can harm our sidewalks, structure, and people.
- Installing a security system with electronic locks and video surveillance.
- Provide financial support to our local and global outreach ministries. Our global outreach ministry of choice this season is in Honduras and the economic orphanage "Garden of Love and Hope." We are also excited to add a new local ministry partner, Worldsong Aid, led by Bobbie Gilman, which is focused on fighting human trafficking in the Bay Area. (see below for more information on these ministries.)
- Installing new carpeting in the main auditorium, lobby, and multipurpose room, providing a fresh, clean experience for the many people who use these spaces.
- Painting the exterior of the whole building.
Local and Global Outreach
Each Christmas we choose a local and global outreach partner to bless financially. This year we will provide financial support to Honduras and the economic orphanage "Garden of Love and Hope." We have had a long time relationship with Daryl Smithgall and the Garden of Love and Hope. They require a building for a medical and dental clinic for local and volunteer practitioners to help provide low-cost and no-cost ongoing care for children and families who do not have access to medical care. We are also excited to add a new local ministry partner, Worldsong Aid, led by Bobbie Gilman, which is focused on fighting human trafficking in the Bay Area. Your giving will help Worldsong Aid partner with local agencies to provide housing for survivors and provide counseling, spiritual health, and growth for survivors and women/girls at risk.
Meet Our Team
We are so thankful to the team of CPCer's using their gifts and talents as they serve on the Bright Future Team. They have been tirelessly serving and prioritizing the projects we will do for this season. So a huge thank you to: Mark Thompson, Howard Yao, Steve Cutter, Damaris Avila, Mike Northcote, Charlie Royce, and Dave Vergara.