Providing for care and discipleship to children up to age 10, to help them grow and mature as followers of Christ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Care and discipleship for children up to age 10
- Work a minimum of 3 special events per year for CPC
- Be in the room 20 minutes before shift to set-up and prepare
- Properly check-in and check-out children
- Follow CPCKids policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean environment
- Teach and implement weekly curriculum
- Coming alongside families to help develop and grow authentic faith
- Other related duties as assigned.
The Components of Ministry
Every staff role includes the three components of ministry to varying degrees. For this role, the emphasis by component is:
1 (low) . . . . 10 (high)
(study, teach, preach)
|Teaching God’s word through weekly curriculum
(counsel, shepherd, people)
|Discipling children up to 10 years
(admin., budget, calendar)
|Calendaring schedules, iSolved
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be comfortable working as part of a team to provide care in a Christian environment
- Ability to work cooperatively with pastors. Directors, staff, ministry leaders, kids, and other in the CPC church body and people in the community
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be teachable, a team player, have integrity and foster genuine relationships
- Willing to actively engage children in age-appropriate activities.
- Complete online Ministry Safe training
- Lifting loads of 33 lbs.
- Bending and squatting
- Pushing, kneeling, standing or sitting for sustained duration of time
- See through both eyes
- Able to run and physically respond quickly
- Ability to change diapers (infant/toddler) as needed.
All employees of Central Peninsula Church are at-will, as such, are free to resign any time without reason. Central Peninsula Church likewise, retains the right to terminate an employee’s employment at any time with or without reason or notice.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other document provided to the employee is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Any salary figures provided to an employee in annual or monthly terms are stated for the sake of convenience or to facilitate comparisons that are not intended and do not create an employment contract for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of Central Peninsula Church has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
- Engagement in the life of CPC.
- Agree to uphold CPC’s Statement of Faith.
- Agree to uphold CPC’s Core Values.
- Agree to uphold the policies and procedures in CPC’s employee handbook.
- Commitment to our Staff Values: We are a community of teachable, team players who are seeking to demonstrate our commitment to God and one another through our integrity and genuine relationships.
- Team Players
- Genuine Relationships
- Commitment to CPC’s Rule of Life
- Attentiveness – habits of silence and solitude and sabbath
- Renewing the Mind – habits of fasting and scripture
- Hospitality – habits of table welcome and evangelism
- Vocation – habits of open-handed and contribution