Foster City Digital Bulletin
September 20, 2020
Host: Kathy Berggren
Worship: Brandon Pasion and Linzy Westman
Passage: 2 Corinthians 1:1-2
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK
- Fire Relief: Join our efforts in fire relief over the next few weeks as we partner with local agencies to collect specific items fire victims need. Due to COVID we have a very specific list of brand new items that are needed, and they are to be dropped off in a specific time and way. You can learn more about fire relief at cpc.org/events.
- One of CPC's For Our Neighbor partner's is Habitat For Humanity. You can get a great workout by helping to build 6 homes at Geneva Village in Daly City. Shifts are 8:30am-4:00pm on Wednesday's, Friday's and Saturday's. If you'd like less physical activity, you can help with homeownership development and office support remotely. Register today.
- Join a Parish: During this pandemic, we need to find new ways of caring for the people of CPC; new ways of being the church that allow us to stay connected through worship, fellowship, prayer, and Scripture. So what is a parish? A parish is a grouping of CPCers of less than 100 people, including kids and students, organized by geography, who opt into being connected in a Christ-centered community. Parishes will build community, give support, make connections virtually and in-person, worship together in house churches, and gather monthly. To learn more about Parishes at CPC and to register for one, go to cpc.org/parish.
- 50+ Sequoia Speaker Series: The Sequoia Speaker Series starts back up on Sunday, September 20. Steve Yeh and the team have a wonderful line-up of speakers speaking on the theme, “Resilience During Uncertain Times.” Join us on September 20 as Jeff Louie speaks on “How Christians Face Adversity.” Pastor Louie is the Equipping Pastor at Peninsula Bible Church in Palo Alto. Our speaker series will all be online. To learn more about our speaker line-up and to register go to cpc.org/sequoia.
- Men’s Fraternity: Men’s Fraternity and Men’s Fraternity - Next Generation registration has begun!! Find out all the exciting opportunities for men at CPC as well as discover what this year’s Men’s Fraternity and Men’s Fraternity - Next Generation will be like. Check out cpc.org/men.
- Women’s Bible Study: How grounded do you feel in what you believe? Do you have a favorite name for Jesus? Would you like to study a book written by one who walked alongside Jesus three and a half years and was so impacted by the experience that he referred to himself ‘the one whom Jesus loves’? Join us as at Women’s Bible Study while we study the gospel of John! Knowing what we believe and why we believe it is essential for our faith and growth–and knowing who Jesus is and believing in Him is the start of an abundant, full life. As we study together each week, we will also pray the revealed name of Jesus into our lives. Jesus invites each of us to Come and See. Register today.
- Moms: Moms, it’s time to register for the 2020-2021 MOPS/MOMSnext ministry year! MOPS/MOMSnext is a group for moms with children (expecting up through high school), a place to form friendships, a time to receive support and encouragement. “Mom time”–who doesn’t need more of that? It is a place to unwind, grow, create, and have fun! To find out more about MOPS/MOMSnext and to register, click here.
- Need Help, Prayer, Job Support or Emotional Support?: Make sure to go to the CPC COVID-19 Page. There you can ask for prayer, ask for help, and ask for biblical counseling. Biblical Counseling is now offering confidential video biblical counseling.
- Have you downloaded the Central Peninsula Church App? It’s available on all platforms in the app stores and filled with sermon notes, our weekly bulletin, sermons in audio and video format, WBS and Men’s Fraternity Lessons and more!