CPC Digital Bulletin
Sunday, October 17, 2021
Host: Kathy Berggren
Worship: Maddie Eaton
Passage: Galatians 2:1-10
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK
- Parent Lab: Join us for this 'TED Talk' style Parent Lab on October 23rd from 10 am–1 pm in the auditorium. You'll hear about practical tools to help you and your family healthy boundaries around technology. While these events are geared towards those caring for children between the ages of 0-18, all are welcome. We will also be providing childcare, but space is limited. Be sure to register your child today!
- Sequoia Ministry presents Valencia Wiggins, Ph.D. in Psychology, and a Professor at Moody Theological Seminary. She is the field director of counseling at the Moody psychology program and an expert on diversity relationships. Her Ph.D. thesis concerned mother-daughter relationships. Join us on zoom on Sunday, October 17 at 4 pm as we continue to forge new and more fulfilling human relationships in the future. Register today!
- Deep Dive In Galatians: Chris Foreman is offering a ‘deep-dive’ Bible study into Paul’s Epistle to the Galatians. This Zoom forum will meet from 3:00–4:30 pm on Sundays and will function as a follow-up to the Sunday morning message presented at CPC. This study will focus on exegesis (what do the Greek words mean?) and hermeneutics (how can we rightly interpret the meaning?) Dr. Foreman is both a doctor of philosophy and master of divinity. If you are interested in participating, email him at and he will send you an invitation to join the deep dive.
- Trunk or Treat Candy: Our MOPS and MOMSNext ministry is hosting a Trunk or Treat event for the kids in our community! They could use help with candy donations! When you are out buying your Halloween candy, consider buying one for you and buying one for the MOPS Trunk or Treat. You can drop off candy donations in the church lobby. There will be a bin labeled “Trunk or Treat Candy.” Drop off candy no later than October 21. If you would like to participate and host a “family-friendly” themed car, email the MOPS Team.
- Trunk Or Treat: Families in the Foster City Community are invited to come out to Trunk or Treat on Thursday, October 28 from 3–6pm at the Central Peninsula Church Parking Lot! Kids and families should dress up in your favorite costume and walk past all of our kid-friendly decorated car trunks to collect some goodies. Don’t forget to bring a bag for your goodies and get a family picture! For more information and to register go to cpc.org/events.
- Women at Work: Women at Work is a place for working women to affirm and encourage one another, grow spiritually, and learn how to integrate your faith into your work life. Our kickoff meeting will be held in the MPR at CPC on Saturday, November 6, from 9:00–10:30 am. We hope you'll join us and invite a colleague! For more information and to register go to cpc.org/events.
- MSM Bowling: On Saturday, November 6, from 2–4 pm the Middle School Ministry is headed to Bel Mateo Bowl for a winter bowling adventure from 2–4 pm! There will be fun, games, and friends. Meet at Bel Mateo Bowl! Cost is $35. Invite a friend! Register today!
- CPCKids Fall Family Gathering: Enjoy an afternoon with your family and friends! Come and enjoy a day of games, fellowship and conversation. Join CPCKids Fall Family Gathering on November 14 from 1:30-2:20 pm at Boothbay Park.
- Have you downloaded the Central Peninsula Church App? It’s available on all platforms in the app stores and filled with sermon notes, our weekly bulletin, sermons in audio and video format, WBS and Men’s Fraternity Lessons and more!