Host: Sandy Hughes
Worship: Brandon Pasion
Passage: Job 16:1-22
ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE WEEK OF MARCH 3
- Common Prayer: The Common Prayer Podcast is back for the season of Len3. Join us daily as we journey with Jesus through the Gospel of John and reflect on who he is and what he has done. You can find Common Prayer on the CPC App, our website, or anywhere you listen to podcasts.
- Journey To The Cross: During Holy Week, the Journey to the Cross will be offered! Journey to the Cross is an interactive journey through the last week of Jesus' life. This is an opportunity to be reminded of the suffering Jesus experienced. Join us on Monday, March 25–Friday, March 29, between 10 am-9 pm in the Student Ministry Room, for this self-guided audio experience that will walk you through the last week of Jesus’ life, offering us a time of reflection and response. This is family-friendly with a kids' version! You will need to bring your phone/tablet and earbuds and have downloaded the CPC App to participate.
- Good Friday/Easter: You are invited to join us on Friday, March 29, at 6 pm to hear from seven CPCers personally reflect on the last seven phrases Jesus uttered on the cross. On Easter Sunday, March 31, we will celebrate the resurrection of Jesus through baptism, musical worship, and a special Easter message at three services! Please NOTE THE TIME CHANGES! Our first service will be at 8 am (No CPCKids), 9:30, and 11:30 am (CPCKids is happening during the 9:30 and 11:30 am services).
- Easter Baptism: If you are interested in getting baptized, have questions about baptism, or are ready to take the next step in your faith and get baptized, make sure to register for our Easter Baptism by Sunday, March 10. Baptisms will occur during our Easter Sunday Services at 8, 9:30 and 11:30 am. Our staff is excited to reach out to you and walk you through what baptism is with our Baptism Class held on Sunday, March 10, at 1:00 pm in the Family Room. To learn more about baptism, read our Baptism Paper! Register today!
- Women At Work: As a woman in the workplace, you’re juggling a lot: work, family obligations, and everything else life throws at you. We want to help you find your place, grow spiritually, and connect with other women. Women at Work is a place where you can find support and friendship as you navigate your unique challenges in the workplace while seeking to integrate your faith in a meaningful way. We gather to affirm and encourage one another to grow and honor God through our work. We meet on the first Saturday of the month. Join us Saturday, March 2, from 9-10:30 am in the Multipurpose Room at CPC! Register at cpc.org/womenatwork.
- Work Life: Join us Saturday, March 9, from 9-10:30 am as executive coach Michael Neuendorff shares how Emotional Intelligence (EQ) strengthens workplace relationships as we strive to model Christ. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to network and get one-on-one help from career coaches to support you in your job transitions and challenges. RSVP for this in-person meeting.
- Sequoia: Join us on Zoom on Sunday, March 17, at 4 pm, as we learn from Dr. Rienow. He is a seasoned minister focusing on Families and Youth, a church planter, and a conference speaker, including the Legacy Coalition videos and Summit. He will speak on “Healing Family Relationships” Part 1. For more information and to register, go to cpc.org/sequoia.
- Bay Area School Of Ministry: Dr. Jeff Louie is teaching Introduction to Christians Theology through the Bay Area School of Ministry starting Monday, March 25. In this class, the focus will be to provide an overview of the doctrines of Scripture, the Triune God, humanity, salvation, sanctification, and eschatology. Particular focus will be on understanding the diversity of thinking on key issues within the Christian tradition and modern theological movements, and using what is learned in the context of ministry. For more information and to register, go to basom.com.
- Summer XP: Dive into Summer XP, our half-day camp from July 22-26, specially designed for Kindergarten to 5th graders to explore biblical truths in a super fun way! Get ready for a week filled with crafts, games, chats, snacks, missions, and rocking out to the Gospels. Register for this epic adventure! For more information, go to cpc.org/events.
- 2024 Identity Workshop: Join our Biblical Counseling Team this spring for an awesome workshop called “Identity: Rooted in Christ" Get ready to discover your identity in Christ, tackle spiritual needs, and learn about Spiritual Warfare—all while diving into God's perfect plan. Our counselors and pastors will ensure you enjoy this three-day event exploring God's goodness. Don't miss out, register today!
- Celebrate 50 Years of Giving Back: Join us at Samaritan House's 50th Anniversary Gala, “Cheers to 50 Years!” Be part of an epic event supporting our community with live music by Tony Lindsay, an 11x Grammy Winner and frontman for Santana! Enjoy a night filled with fun, great prizes, and supporting a wonderful cause: Fighting Poverty, Lifting Lives." Mark your calendars for Friday, March 15, 2024, at the SF Airport Marriott Waterfront. Secure your tickets now at bit.ly/sh50thgala and be part of something truly special!
- Jeans and Jackets Clothing Drive: Our mission partner Street Life Ministries, which serves the homeless community in San Mateo County, has an urgent need for gently used jeans and jackets. CPC will be helping meet that need by collecting jeans and jackets in the courtyard between services on Sunday, March 3 and March 10. If you have items to donate but are unable to bring them on those dates, contact Marilyn Green to make other arrangements. The most in demand jeans are mens waist sizes 32" and 34". We can also accept gently used comforters and blankets.